Nuvation is looking for a capable and motivated Assembly Technician. In this full-time role, you will be working in our Production department and interacting often with our engineering teams to build final product based on their instructions and specifications.
This role requires technical experience as well as the ability to work with colleagues, and partners. Demonstrated attention to detail and good communication skills are a must, but so are technical creativity and the ability to learn.
This is an on-site role at our Waterloo, ON office. Candidates must reside locally to the office (i.e., within daily commuting distance).
Product Assembly – This is your main responsibility
- Read assembly drawings and instructions
- Assemble electronic parts and products using a variety of tools and equipment
- Ensure quality of products built as per the production standard
- Provide feedback and work with the engineering team for continual process and product improvement
Product Testing, Troubleshooting, and Rework
- Perform testing of products using test systems and guidelines from engineering
- Troubleshoot and rework/solder non-conforming systems/components
- Build prototype systems
- Use of simple jigs, fixtures, and hand tools
Fulfillment, Shipping and Receiving
- Packing and shipping of small shipment and large pallet orders
- Receive inventory, including large pallets at dock
- Assist in end of quarter inventory review
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience building cable assemblies and harnesses
- Electronic background with working knowledge of electronic components
- Proficiency with solder irons, microscopes, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and ability to read schematics.
- Strong manual dexterity and prior knowledge and use of hand tools
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Should be able to lift a product(s) weighing up to 50lbs
GENERAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT NUVATION
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You are effective at multi-tasking and switching gears by prioritizing, focusing, and adapting to the multiple concurrent tasks/projects at hand
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are organized, independent and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results, and with quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
WHAT DOES NUVATION ENERGY DO?
When you work for Nuvation Energy, you will be working on solving one of the most important problems of our time. Nuvation Energy creates battery management systems that are being used worldwide to support energy storage with projects such as repurposing used electric vehicle batteries, replacing fossil fuel generators, and implementing cleaner power generation for buildings, industrial facilities, and utilities. If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, come join us!
WHO IS NUVATION ENERGY?
Nuvation Energy and Nuvation Engineering are two brands under Nuvation Research Corporation, which was founded in 1997. Our head office is in Silicon Valley, California, and our research and development team is located in a 30,000 square foot facility in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Nuvation Energy is proud to be recognized as a part of Waterloo Region’s Clean Economy Ecosystem. Learn more about us.