Nuvation Energy is looking for an Assistant Buyer to provide procurement support for our Nuvation Energy Production and Design teams. This is a full-time position in our Waterloo office.
The ideal candidate demonstrates experience and knowledge in a wide variety of supply chain activities such as electronic component procurement, inventory and cost management, kitting and receiving of components, order fulfillment and demonstrates an understanding of supply chain logistics.
Nuvation is committed to putting our employee health and safety first by following provincial guidelines for safe workplaces. Most of our employees work from home, with only a handful onsite for essential work.
The nature of this role requires that you reside locally in the Waterloo Region. You will spend most workdays remote with the occasional office visits for inventory management and order fulfillment.
Please note that anyone entering Nuvation premises must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Procurement of printed circuit boards, board level components, cable assemblies, packaging, and mechanical hardware
- Order placement and receiving activities
- Bill of Material and inventory management
- Assistance with cost of goods analysis
- Preparing component kits for our contract manufacturers
- Receiving finished goods inventory after build completion
- Order fulfillment and RMA support
- End of quarter inventory cycle counts
- Logistic support including preparing outgoing shipments with courier and freight forwarders
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Supply Chain Diploma or a minimum of 3+ years Supply Chain experience
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, Teams
- Experience in electronic component procurement
- Knowledge of contract manufacturing
- Experience in NetSuite ERP an asset
- Accurate, quick, logical and thorough in data entry and document management
- Understanding of logistics and incoterms
GENERAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT NUVATION
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You are effective at multi-tasking and switching gears by prioritizing, focusing, and adapting to the multiple concurrent tasks/projects at hand
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are organized, independent, and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results, and with quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
Nuvation offers competitive salaries with health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced, yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers. We promise you respect, teamwork, and appreciation for a job well done.
WHAT DOES NUVATION ENERGY DO?
Nuvation Energy is committed to the adoption of energy storage in every aspect of power generation and consumption. Our fourth-generation battery management system (BMS) represents over a decade of product innovation and is currently used in over 100 energy storage projects worldwide. Our BMS has been used to electrify RVs, planes, and ships. It’s been used to power EV charging stations, buildings, and islands.
In addition to offering a superior BMS, our engineering team provides a range of energy storage system development services, including remote and on-site system integration support for our battery management systems.
WHO IS NUVATION ENERGY?
At Nuvation, we are engineers to the core – it is our culture and we engage in it as a team sport. We enjoy gnarly challenges and see creative opportunities, where others see problems. We specialize in the ridiculous and emphatically reject the limitations of conventional wisdom.
We are huge proponents of ‘dogfooding’ – i.e. using what we build. In our spare-time we stop engineering for fun and money, and start engineering for fun alone. We built e-Rex (an electric car), BESSIE (an EV charging station), a Robot Bartender, and other arguably useful inventions that require an incredible amount of engineering expertise to make them work!
We are fanatical pragmatists who revere logic, process, repeatability, and methodology. You will be working with highly competent team members who are wired to respond to challenges with innovation. We’re very comfortable skating on the bleeding-edge of technology.
Our business fuels our culture, and our culture fuels our business. We love the work that we do and enjoy working with each other every day.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, come join us!