Nuvation Energy is looking for a Buyer to provide procurement support for our Nuvation Energy Production and Design teams. This is a full-time position onsite at our Waterloo Office.
Key responsibilities of this role are to identify and qualify sources for electronic components to ensure availability of product, establish and maintain successful vendor relationships, and foster efficient supply chain operation. You will monitor and manage lead times and supply chain shortages to meet production and product development schedules to ensure available of supply of electronic components for all Nuvation Energy products.
The ideal candidate has a 5+ years Supply Chain Management experience with a focus on electronic component procurement.
- Procurement of printed circuit boards, board level components, cable assemblies, packaging, and mechanical hardware including RFQ’s, order placement and receiving activities
- Bill of Material and inventory management
- Schedule and build planning management
- Order fulfillment and RMA support
- End of quarter inventory cycle counts
- Logistic support including preparing outgoing shipments with courier and freight forwarders
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in electronic component procurement with a knowledge of contract manufacturing required
- Supply Chain Diploma with a minimum of 5+ years Supply Chain experience
- Production management experience
- Experience in NetSuite ERP an asset
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Teams
- Accurate, quick, logical, and thorough in data entry and document management
- Understanding of logistics and incoterms
GENERAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT NUVATION
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are organized, independent, and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better, and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results and with quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
WHAT DOES NUVATION ENERGY DO?
When you work for Nuvation Energy, you will be working on solving one of the most important problems of our time. Nuvation Energy creates battery management systems that are being used worldwide to support energy storage with projects such as repurposing used electric vehicle batteries, replacing fossil fuel generators, and implementing cleaner power generation for buildings, industrial facilities, and utilities. If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, come join us!
WHO IS NUVATION ENERGY?
Nuvation Energy and Nuvation Engineering are two brands under Nuvation Research Corporation, which was founded in 1997. Our head office is in Silicon Valley, California, and our research and development team is located in a 30,000 square foot facility in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Nuvation Energy is proud to be recognized as a part of Waterloo Region’s Clean Economy Ecosystem. Learn more about us here.