Nuvation Energy’s battery management solutions for large-scale energy storage are helping reduce the world’s carbon footprint. Join us in making a difference!
We are looking for an outstanding Front-End Web Developer who has a strong foundation in web development best practices, experience designing user interfaces and user experience design. You will be responsible for the programming, maintenance, feature implementation, and management of cloud and web-technology based solutions for our Nuvation BMS™ product line.
Our Nuvation BMS™ leverages web-technologies for the device user interface and our nCloud is a customer portal to configure, manage, and communicate with our systems around the world. We’re looking for a talented and motivated developer to realize our current product roadmap and help identify the next enhancements. You will be working on the front-end design and rendering data from the various data source points.
At Nuvation we are fanatical pragmatists who revere logic, process, repeatability, and methodology. You will be working with highly competent team members who are wired to respond to challenges with innovation.
If you are looking for constant challenges and want to join us in our exciting future, this is the job for you!
- Development Execution – You are the backbone of our teams, doing the most advanced work and being the technical lead. You are responsible for our designs adhering to technical standards and best practices. You are fluent in the core skills required for success in this position
- Technical Development – Developing your technical skills, knowledge and leadership through a work environment that provides mentoring and open collaboration
- Technical Leadership – You are responsible for identifying best practices and implementing. The ecosystem you establish will be leveraged by future developers to build out new features and functionality.
- Task Ownership - You are comfortable providing task estimates and prioritizing tasks in the backlog. You will be responsible for reporting status to the development manager. Your strong time management skills are essential for meeting strict deadlines
- Mentoring – Mentoring is a key value in Nuvation's Culture. You are responsible for guiding individuals to grow and be savvy developers in your primary discipline.
Qualifications & Requirements
The core skills to be successful in this position are:
- Strong foundation and expert experience with React
- Experience integrating and customizing Kendo UI components
- Excellent understanding of modern web frameworks & development tools
- Strong foundation with UI/UX best practices
Additional skills you will need:
- Keen eye for aesthetic design and creativity with proper execution
- Experience in agile development environments
- Experience translating designs, wireframes, and mockups into high quality, responsive web interfaces with performance and accessibility in mind
- Experience writing well-designed, efficient and testable code by using established software development practices
- Experience with automated regression test systems is a bonus
- Possess understanding of usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup
- Experience participating in code reviews and providing feedback to peers as well as having your own code peer-reviewed
- Experience with the implementation of security concepts (authentication, authorization services)
- You will be exposed to AWS, DynamoDB, Node.JS, Phabricator, Docker, GitLab, Jenkins, Trello and more - experience with any of these is a bonus
- University degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Programming, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
If you have an online portfolio, tell us about it!
General Skills & Characteristics to be Successful at Nuvation
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful here. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You multi-task effectively, moving from activity to activity as the job needs
- You can also manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are independent and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results, and with quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
Nuvation offers competitive salaries with health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced, yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers. We promise you respect, teamwork, and appreciation for a job well done.
Nuvation Energy and Nuvation Engineering share the same facilities, with an office in Silicon Valley, California and another in Waterloo, Ontario. Nuvation Engineering provides a comprehensive range of electronic design services and has completed hundreds of complex projects since 1997. Nuvation Energy provides battery management systems and energy storage engineering services to battery manufacturers, system integrators, and other organizations across a wide range of market sectors. We love the work that we do and enjoy working with each other every day.