ECO STOR asked Nuvation Energy to design and deliver a containerized Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) that utilized forty used Nissan Leaf EV battery packs. This EV battery Second Life application was used in Norway for transmission and distribution upgrade deferral. Nuvation delivered a custom 1MW / 700 kWh BESS that is currently in operation at a utility substation. The BESS includes Nuvation Energy’s nController EMS (Energy Management System), which is managed by a cloud-based energy dispatch and bid scheduler. Nuvation also provided a custom controller for each Nissan Leaf pack.
- Nuvation-designed BESS (container, racking, EMS, BMS, thermal management, etc.)
- Utility grid transmission & distribution upgrade deferral, substation in Norway
- Nuvation Energy nController managed by cloud-based dispatch and bid scheduler
- Nissan Leaf Second Life EV battery pack ESS
- 40’ container, 1 MW / 700kWh, 400 VAC
- 40 EV packs, one 30kW Sinexcel PCS per pack
- One custom Nuvation Energy Second Life Pack Controller per EV pack