EVLO selected Nuvation Energy’s battery management system (BMS) products to be a part of their energy storage solution design. Nuvation also provided custom Stack Switchgear and design simulation software for EVLO’s 500 kWh and 1 MWh energy storage systems.
EVLO is a fully owned subsidiary of Hydro-Québec, North America’s largest renewable energy producer, headquartered in Montreal, Canada. They develop ruggedized and scalable energy storage for utility grid support and demand charge management. Applications include microgrids, renewables integration, backup power, grid resilience, and peak shaving.
EVLO and Nuvation Energy have partnered at an engineering level to design a new generation of energy storage products that are fully integrated and cost-competitive, and which provide features and functionality that meet the needs of the energy storage industry. These products will collect and analyse battery performance metrics to help support and predict system behaviour.
- Utility grid support and demand charge management
- 500 kWh and 1 MWh energy storage systems, 720 - 1000 VDC range
- Nuvation Energy High-Voltage Battery Management System (BMS)
- Custom Stack Switchgear (SSG)
- Simulation/modelling software development
- Data collection and analytics